When I saw Chase @thebookend.diner with this cute new hashtag I knew I had to join on instagram!
My holiday recipe feature is my delicious pistachio cookies!
They taste great and what’s more festive than green cookies?!
When I took this shot I was reading Anxious People for book club (about half way through now), and Forever Wild… turns out I finished Forever Wild in 3 hours soooo you get a double feature including a mini review:
Now, it’s Jonah’s fearless confidence that makes my blood race. His unwavering loyalty that makes me search for him in every room. His untamed passion that makes me weak at the knees. It’s everything—inside and out, good and bad—that makes up this wild man’s heart.”
Never in my life have I been so excited for a novella… and I wanted more. We return to our small Alaskan town with some of our favorite characters, and Calla and Jonah.
This is the perfect holiday “warm and fuzzy” book you didn’t know you needed.
It felt like I was looking out of a beautiful cabin home at my frozen lake at Christmas time… waiting for Jonah’s plane to land once more.
Thank you KA Tucker for giving us a little glimpse into the HEA of Jonah and Calla… and honestly I wish there was more. more wedding details, more future plans… honestly I could read about them argue about paint color and be 100% happy.
My only regret is I can’t read this whole series again for the first time 😭.
To my girls who love Jonah, he’s back and he’s still the Yeti❤️.
“When I hear the buzz of a plane overhead, I like to think it’s Wren Fletcher, doing what he loves most, flying high over the mountains, over the land he loved so deeply. He just doesn’t need to land anymore.”
steam- like wearing something sexy to bed and all your lights go out 😂😉
Pistachio Cookies Recipe
- ½ c. unsalted butter, softened
- ¾ c. granulated sugar
- 1 tsp. clear vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 1 box (3.4 oz.) Instant Pistachio Pudding Mix
- ½ tsp. baking soda
- ½ tsp. salt
- 1 ¼ c. all purpose flour
- 1 c. white chocolate chips
- Cream butter and sugar in a large mixing bowl.
- Add vanilla extract and egg and mix until smooth.
- Mix in dry pudding mix, baking soda, salt, and flour.
- Stir in white chocolate chips.
- *Chill dough 30 minutes.
- Remove dough from fridge, and scoop cookie dough onto a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Bake at 350° for 9-11 minutes, until edges start to turn golden brown.
- Remove from oven; cool on cookie sheet 10 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Store cookies in an airtight container at room temperature.
These cookies sound amazing, Dreya! I also adored the continuation of Calla and Jonah’s story. Wish we got even more! 😭